Terms and Conditions1. Sanway Auto Transport Inc agrees to have vehicle(s) described on quotation shipped on or about the requested dates. Sanway Auto Transport Inc will designate a reliable carrier (agent) to fulfill the terms and conditions of this agreement. There are absolutely no guarantees regarding pickup or delivery times and dates. Sanway Auto Transport Inc and it’s any subcontractors/carrier shall not be held responsible for loss or damages occasioned by delays of any kind or for any reason, car rental fees or any accommodation fees. Sanway Auto transport Inc/carrier shall not be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of Customer's vehicle.
2. Sanway Auto Transport Inc agrees to make all effort possible to provide the most adequate shipment of described vehicle(s) - insofar as they will not compromise its standard of safety or quality. The owner understands that ample notice of intent to ship is a primary contingency factor. The owner/agent and Sanway Auto Transport Inc also understand that any shipment, regardless of type of trucking, may be delayed due to adverse weather or road conditions, illness, mechanical breakdown of trucks, supply and demand for trucks and drivers and hours of operation, etc. If consequently, carrier cancels, Sanway Auto Transport Inc has the right to look for another carrier for a period of 3 (three) more business days. IN ABSOLUTELY NO CASE WILL Sanway Auto Transport Inc BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, OR REIMBURSE, CAR RENTAL EXPENSE.
3. This order is subject to all terms and conditions of the carrier's straight bills of lading, copies of which are available at the office of carrier and are incorporated herein.
4. Carrier's responsibility begins when the Customer or his agent signs the bill of lading at pickup, and terminates when the Customer or his agent signs the bill of lading at delivery. Sanway Auto Transport Inc must be notified should the Customer be unavailable for pickup or delivery, and a consignee must be designated at that time. If a carrier is assigned and the vehicle cannot be picked up for any reason, there will be an additional $75.00 charged to the Customer's credit card. This charge will be applied to rescheduling and/or dry-run fees of the carrier.
Postponing the transport of a vehicle must be done by the Customer no less than 10 business days prior to the first available pickup date. If a carrier has already been assigned, normal rescheduling fees will apply. If the Customer decides to postpone the pickup dates of his/her vehicle(s) beyond 15 days from the original dates, the price of the transport is subject to change based upon current fuel prices for the rescheduled dates.
5. Sanway Auto Transport Inc hereby notifies Customer that their vehicle will be driven on and off the carrier, or to and from the carrier at the pickup or delivery site. Should the carrier be unable to access either site, this does not relieve the Customer or consignee from making a reasonable effort to meet the truck at a suitable location. If a vehicle is NOT operational and/or the carrier cannot physically reach the location, a local tow truck may be used to deliver vehicle to the assigned carrier at the expense of the Customer.
6. All vehicles to be delivered with a balance due shall be paid by CASH, MONEY ORDER or CASHIERS CHECK ONLY (US funds). Should delivery be attempted after attempted notification (3 to 24 hours voice notification to phone numbers provided by Customer) and Customer or his agent does not have proper funds or is unavailable to receive delivery, vehicle(s) may be taken to and left at the nearest terminal at the discretion of the carrier, where Customer will have to retrieve and pay for storage or redelivery fees. In the event the Customer decides to arrange to make full payment with a credit card at the time of the booking, the order will be subject to a 5% service charge.
7. Sanway Auto Transport Inc does not guarantee transport by any specific driver/carrier.
8. If Customer is shipping an inoperable vehicle, Customer may be required to help load and unload said vehicle at the discretion of the driver. Should vehicle(s) become inoperable during transport, $100.00 will be due at time of delivery in addition to any other moneys owed. It is Customer's responsibility to make sure vehicle is in proper working order. INOP VEHICLES MUST BE ABLE TO ROLL, STEER AND BRAKE. If the inoperable vehicle does not meet any one of these three conditions, additional fees may apply. If a vehicle is INOPERABLE and the carrier cannot physically reach the location, a local tow truck may be used to deliver vehicle to the assigned carrier at the expense of the Customer.
9. Sanway Auto Transport Inc or its agents will not knowingly transport vehicles with personal or household items in the passenger or trunk compartment. Federal regulation prohibits Sanway Auto Transport Inc or its agents from doing so. If such items are shipped unbeknown to Sanway Auto Transport Inc or its agents, such items become the sole responsibility of the Customer and additional fees may apply depending on the weight of the items, and is left solely to the discretion of the carrier assigned.
10.Sanway Auto Transport Inc or its agents will not be responsible for vandalism, acts of God (fire, flooding, hail, sand storm, tornadoes, and earthquakes) or objects flying from the road or sky during transport. Shippers should maintain their own insurance for these reasons.
11. Customer is responsible for preparing the vehicle(s) for transport: all loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part that falls off in transit is Customer's responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
12. If damage should occur, all moneys owed for transport must be paid to initiate a claim. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading, and signed by driver and Customer or consignee regardless of weather, or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage verifies that Customer or consignee has received the said vehicle in good condition, and that Sanway Auto Transport Inc and its agents are relieved of any further responsibility. Customer or consignee MUST check vehicle thoroughly.
13. Sanway Auto Transport Inc and its agents must also be notified of any damage by phone within 24 hours. Customer must submit in writing a description of damage, clear pictures, and 2 estimates within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle directly to the designated carrier for any resolution to be initiated. Sanway Auto Transport Inc will support you in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will Sanway Auto Transport Inc accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier. If vehicle is valued at a higher than market rate, it is suggested that Customer purchase a special insurance rider.
14. Any claim or controversy arising from or relating to this agreement, or the performance or breach thereof, shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Bronx County, NY. Customer specifically waives any right to have this matter resolved at any other location. Sanway Auto Transport Inc can only be liable for up to the amount of the deposit located on Customer's quotation. In no case can Sanway Auto Transport Inc be held liable for the designated carrier's damage. Sanway Auto Transport Inc will provide carriers insurance certificate and carrier information should any controversy arise.
15. Refund/Cancellation Policy/MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If Sanway Auto Transport Inc is unable to confirm a carrier within five (5) business days from the first available date, Customer has the option of keeping the order open or cancelling for a FULL refund of the deposit. If order is cancelled before the first available pick up date or before the end of the fifth business day for any reason, the deposit is not refundable. Our services are considered rendered when a carrier is assigned to an order, including maritime transportation. Refunds will be processed within 48 business hours of the cancellation request. Cancellation of an order must be submitted in writing via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sanway Auto Transport Inc does not accept or honor cancellations made via phone call. Once a carrier has been assigned (dispatched) to a shipping order, Sanway Auto Transport Inc notifies Customer via email (to the email address provided at service booking). If Customer decides to cancel the shipping order after a carrier has been dispatched, deposit will be kept as our services have been rendered. Any remaining balance will be refunded in full.
16. Sanway Auto Transport Inc works diligently to ensure Customers receive the best price and service. Simultaneously booking your vehicle for transport with Sanway Auto Transport Inc and other auto transport companies undermines the service we can provide as Carriers will opt for the higher priced transport. In the event that Sanway Auto Transport Inc fails to procure a carrier for your vehicle as a result of multiple transport bookings, Customer Deposit is Forfeited AND YOUR ORDER WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CANCELLED.
17.Sanway Auto Transport Inc is a licensed and bonded Property Broker. We are responsible for booking the shipment of cars with a licensed and insured Motor Carrier Corporation, who handle their own damage claims. It may take a few weeks to process your claim, since the drivers must return to their terminals with the original Bill of Lading conditions reports.
18. Sanway Auto Transport Inc will not be responsible for demurrage at any Port Facilities. For Hawaiian / Alaskan / Puerto Rican transports, payment for the sea portion MUST be issued by shipper BEFORE vehicle arrives at the port. Once an order is received, a booking number will be provided to shipper with instructions for issuing payment. Failure to do so may cause delays and/or additional storage fees. All shipments to or from Hawaii vehicles MUST be FULLY operational with a working emergency brake, or will be refused for shipment by the port agent. If vehicle is refused by port agent, shipper will be responsible for all storage and/or redelivery fees of the vehicle.
19. By either submitting your order online, sending us your order by fax or by email, Sanway Auto Transport Inc understands you are placing your order and accept the terms and conditions (in lieu of your signature) found here and on Sanway Auto Transport Inc website.
20. Customers must make their vehicle available during transport time; if the vehicle becomes unavailable at any time after the order has been placed and a carrier has been assigned, Sanway Auto Transport Inc holds the right to cancel the order with no refund.
21. Quoted price for transport is based upon shippers FULL DISCLOSURE of the type of vehicle transported. Failure to identify modifications to the vehicle or the true dimensions of the vehicle (included by not limited to: regular cab, crew cab, long bed, short bed, diesel, 4X4, flip-top conversion vans, extended length cargo vans, over-size (non-stock) tires or rims, lift kits, ground effects, modifications affecting ground clearance, ladder/roof racks, tool boxes, etc.) may result in additional fees. If a carrier is assigned and is unable to lead vehicle due to non-disclosure of information by the shipper Sanway Auto Transport Inc reserves the right to cancel the order with no refund.
22. Customer agrees that Sanway Auto Transport Inc has the right to reject (cancel) any order for any reason at any time.
Neither Sanway Auto Transport Inc nor its agents shall be responsible for the following:
- Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearing, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. (No evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location) therefore Sanway Auto Transport Inc or its agents do not accept responsibility for them.
- Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
- Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory. Including antenna that does not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicle body.
- Damage or fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in vehicle.
- Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out of the sky.
- Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old.
- Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
- Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of god.
- Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
- Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through from tie-downs holes.
- Damage to, or caused by any vehicle, that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power (Vehicle will not run, or has not its braking system).